Photo By Zigmunds Dizgalvis at istock
As a commercial property owner, deciding on your roofing maintenance provider can be a daunting task. Roofing is a significant expense, and it’s vital to choose a commercial roofing contractor in San Antonio, TX, who’ll offer quality, dependable, and professional roofing services at an affordable cost.
Typically, the services of a roofing specialist come in handy if you need:
General Roof Repairs
Roofs are often exposed to the unforgiving elements of Mother Nature, such as strong winds, falling trees or branches, moss, and more, which end up causing severe damages. These damages involve:
A Sagging roof: Sagging may happen due to excess weight load on a roof, incorrectly positioned rafters, weakened or decayed roof timber. Replacement of the whole roof should be done in this case.
Missing tiles: Strong winds can cause tiles to get loose. This creates gaps where water can pass through the roof, giving room for mold and mildew growth.
Loose Flashing: This part seals the edge where chimneys meet the roof. If it happens to be loose, water can seep into the roof, causing damage to rafters, ceiling joists, fascia boards, and even exterior trim.
To preserve the integrity of your roof, it’s worth hiring a roofing professional to determine the exact cause of your roof’s damage and offer long-lasting solutions.
Restoration means that the roof needs to be reconstructed. Here are instances when you should consider roof restoration:
- When high winds have caused damage to your commercial building roof
- When you want to sell your property and looking to upgrade the look and appearance of your roof
- When your roof is damaged by strong sunlight, making it excessively hot in summer
- When water has caused damage to shingles and decking
Commercial roofing experts in San Antonio, TX, will help you with everything from a minor repair to a major remodel and will recommend the best material based on your budget.
Gutters and downspouts need to be cleaned regularly to get rid of debris that may block water pathways. A leaking gutter can cause significant damage to your roof, foundation, drywall, basement, soffits, and fascia. It can cause irreparable damage to your property with time, where you have to replace some material and structures.
You can save yourself the aggravation and the risk by calling a roofing company ASAP! They’ll use specialized methods like the patented Gutter Protection System that will eliminate the need to clean your gutters entirely.
Emergency Roof Repairs
High winds, falling trees or branches, or even fire are surprise occurrences that can damage your roof in a blink of an eye. When that happens, a quick roof repair or protective cover must be installed to protect the interior work environment from further damage. A commercial roofing specialist will assess the damage and propose a more permanent roof repair.
Damaged chimneys will provide a leeway for water to get into your business premise and cause damage. If the leaks are as a result of bad or improperly installed flashing, a roofing repair company will be able to remove and install new flashings and counter flashing, as well as replace the roofing to cover the tie in between the roof and chimney.
New Roof Installation
If your roof is old or suffers from multiple leaks, missing or curly shingles, severe hail damage, or mold and rot, it might be time to consider replacing your roofing. A reputable commercial roofing contractor will perform a thorough inspection and recommend the best action for your roof.
Type of Commercial Roofing Systems and Their Advantages
Here are five types of commercial roofing systems and their benefits:
1. Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF)
SPF is an environmentally friendly roofing alternative for commercial, industrial, and manufacturing facilities. SPF is a material sprayed as a liquid, spreads out into a foam to create a solid layer across an existing roof.
The following are some of the benefits of SPF roofing systems:
- Durability – The foam material easily expands and contracts, thereby decreasing the possibility of cracks and splitting.
- Energy-efficient – SPF provides air, thermal, and moisture barriers to provide the highest R-value per inch.
- Smooth and watertight – The continuous solid surface does not require joints or seams, eliminating the chances of leakages from exposed areas.
- Environmentally friendly – Costly roof tear-offs and wastes are eliminated since there is no stripping of the original roof. The materials used for this type of roofing system are also ecologically friendly.
2. Single-Ply Membrane
SPM are made of rubber sheets and other artificial materials that can be ballasted, chemically stuck or manually fastened to insulation creating a layer of water protection for your commercial facility.
- Widely known– This type of roofing has been used for commercial buildings for many years. This amount of time in the market is proof that many people and commercial agencies have accepted it.
- Different varieties– Customers have an assortment of options to choose from since this type of roofing does not include the insulation factor.
- Reflective property – This type of roofing is normally white and highly reflective. The reflective capability keeps the building cooler, which can make a significant difference in the temperature within.
3. Metal Roofing
This type of roofing is one of the ancient commercial roofing systems on the market. Most metal roofing systems are made of galvanized steel, but other materials such as aluminium or tin may be used. Metal roofing is preferred by many since it can be installed on an existing roof due to its light-weight property.
- It has a wide array of material and color choices
- Metal is less prone to fire
- It’s strong and resistant against strong winds
- It’s possible to make sheet metal from recycled material.
4. Shingle roofing
Shingles are normally used for steep-slope roofing. They can be made from various materials such as plastic, wood, ceramic, slate, metal, and composite material like asphalt. Two main types of shingles exist:
Asphalt Shingles: They’re the most widespread and very cost-effective. They often come with 15 to 30 years warranties on average.
Architectural Shingles: They’re multi-layered and heavier; thus, they make a building strong and weatherproof. They come with “lifetime” warranties.
Some benefits of commercial shingle roofing include:
- Some shingles are very durable and class IV hail rated
- They have an incredible array of colors and designs
- Easy to spot and repair minimal damaged areas
5. Built-up Roofing Systems
These roofing systems are as old as 100 years plus. Commonly referred to as “tar and gravel” roofs, they are installed by interchanging layers of tar or asphaltic and supporting fabrics on the roof. The final layer of this roofing system consists of stone or gravel.
- A commercial built-up roof can last for 40 years if properly installed and maintained.
- Smooth and water-resistant -The continuous solid surface does not require joints or seams, thus eliminating any chance of leakages.
- Offers protection against the harmful UV rays.
- You can choose the number of layers (or plies) that are installed.
- It’s cost-effective when it comes to maintenance.
Longhorn Commercial Roofing: Full-Service Commercial Roofers
Just like our bodies need to be properly maintained, so does your roof, as it contributes to the overall health of your house or office. At Longhorn Commercial Roofing, we are experts in commercial roof installation and repairs; whether you need an urgent repair or you’re just looking to install a brand-new roof, our roofers can help.
We have built our name over the years as one of the most reliable roofing specialists and the surrounding regions. We are a trusted brand because:
- Licensed and insured
- Available 24/7
- Offer free estimates
- Same day service
- No overtime charges
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
If you need commercial roof repair, replacement, or new roof installation, call us at Longhorn Commercial Roofing at (210) 446-3982 to schedule a free estimate today!